Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Doune - outside

I've been to Doune Castle again today - my third or fourth visit. I took so many pics, I had to split them up into five geographical segment. I've included references to scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail; most of the castle scenes in the movie were shot here. This segment covers the surroundings and outside of the castle.

All pics here.

Doune Castle, one of the nicest places in Scotland.
DSCN4220

YOU'RE USING COCONUTS! They still lend out coconuts at the shop. There were other, presumably sane people around, so I meekly settled for a few feeble clopety-clops.
DSCN4285

This overgrown little hill is where the Knights hid when they dragged the wooden rabbit inside the castle. As I type this sentence, I realize it must seem like the ravings of a madman to anyone who hasn't actually SEEN the movie.
DSCN4217

This is where they put the wooden rabbit. Contrary to the image the movie gives, it was pulled up by a van hidden inside the castle, not pushed up manually.
DSCN4226

From this rampart, the silly English k-nights were taunted. I fart in your general direction!
DSCN4287

No comments: