Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lacock village

Today I went to a little village called Lacock, in Wiltshire. Almost the whole village is actually OWNED by the National Trust, having been donated to them in 1944 (I never asked, but I'm guessing it's another case of punitive death taxes). The town and some of the buildings here have been used in numerous films, as they're mainly 18th century or earlier. Very picturesque place, and I got in lots of pics of the foilage. Sadly, I haven't seen the sun since the weekend so the colors are not as bright as I would have liked them to be.

All pics.

The National Trust visitor center is housed in an old barn from the 16th century.
DSCN5427

Ooooold houses.
DSCN5433

Colors.
DSCN5358

More colors.
DSCN5371

Tons of 'em.
DSCN5359

Really.
DSCN5367

Just loads and loads.
DSCN5369

Shedding leaves with every breath of wind.
DSCN5353

No comments: