Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mull of Galloway

Stayed up till close to 4 AM British time this morning to watch the first presidential debate, so I figured I'd be dead in the water today. But, surprisingly, I've been out on a nice drive around the peninsula to the south and west of Stranraer, and I haven't felt tired once. Score one for me, yay.

I first drove all the way down to the Mull of Galloway, which is the southernmost point in Scotland. They've all sorts of birds and plants and such there, none of which I could care about if I were paid to do so. It would take a very rare and/or special bird or plant not to bore me to tears. Sorry, folks. Still, the landscape is quite spectacular, especially when the weather is as nice as it's been today.

All pics here.

Green fields and blue skies. I've seen worse.
DSCN3851

The lighthouse was built by the grandfather of famous writer Robert Louis Stevenson.
DSCN3871

Apparently, you can see whales and dolphins and seals and stuff from the headland. But nuffin' stirred while I was there. That's the Isle of Man far off, btw.
DSCN3861

*snortgiggle*
DSCN3859

The manycolored rock of the cliffs. Away in the distance you may just be able to make out the coast of the Republic of Ireland.
DSCN3878

One of the largest mushrooms I've ever seen.
DSCN3870

No comments: