Friday, October 5, 2012

Deer at Culzean

Prior to going to the castle I parked right next to the deer park. Lots and lots of deer and two stags that I could see, but there could be more. I walked up there, and to my pleasant surprise the three does that were stuffing face right next to the fence, didn't run off like headless chickens. Quite the contrary, one of them stuck her snout through the wiring and sniffed my hand.

I noticed that there were lots of pellets on the ground outside, pellets pretty much identical to the stuff that I'd been given to feed animals both in Australia and in Oregon. So I bent down and picked some up and stuck my hand inside the fence. I've never seen such greed in a cute animal. They were eating like they'd never tasted food before, positively feasting on the pellets from my sweaty hand, which was soon covered in deer drool.

Of course I got in some good pics of the deer, they can be seen together with the rest of the Culzean pics here.

Fookin' gi'us it! (they're Scottish deer, so I assume they'd be cursing)
DSCN3913

Pwetty pwease?
DSCN3911

Stuffing face.
DSCN3912

The buck kept a watch from the hill and bellowed out his horniness (I presume) now and then.
DSCN3905

No comments: