Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tretower Court & Castle

Tretower court and castle was originally a wooden motte and baily castle, constructed by the Normans. Gradually the wooden structure was replaced by a stone castle, then the whole thing was more or less dropped in favor of the nice, new manor house that grew up right outside the castle in the 1400s.

I drove past and decided to turn in and have a look purely by chance, and as it's in the keep of Cadw, I got in for freeeeeeee.

All pics here.

The courtyard of the manor house.
DSCN5228

The kitchen.
DSCN5217

Big room upstairs.
DSCN5242

They had bats in the ceiling.
DSCN5225

Myfteriouf, winding path. Yef, I meant to fpell it myfteriouf.
DSCN5211

No photoblog is complete without an ancient shitter.
DSCN5231

From the garden. So. Much. Color.
DSCN5279

A hedgehog wisely hunkered down when I walked across the field.
DSCN5280

This sheep was eyeing me with fascination.
DSCN5259

The castle. It was largely in ruins. The keep is still standing, as you can see...
DSCN5256

... but the interior is all gone.
DSCN5269

I bought this bottle of apple juice at £3. Imma try it out before I leave.
DSCN5282

No comments: