Monday, October 29, 2012

New Forest Wildlife Park II

I went to the New Forest Wildlife park last year as well, and I have to say the sunshine and the fact that it was 24 days earlier in the year, made last year's experience quite a bit better. Most of the deer seemed a lot more jumpy, except for the one little cutie that kept clinging to me like dog. Like last year she was trying to eat my shirt and my trousers, and this year even had a go at my shoelaces. All the while you could pet and scratch and cuddle her like you would a large dog.

All pics.

Eating my shirt.
DSCN5590

And my trousers.
DSCN5597

And my shoelaces.
DSCN5586

Wolves. Ah lubs em.
DSCN5642

DSCN5645

DSCN5652

Lynx! They actually had two this year; this one was chillaxing on a platform ten feet above the ground.
DSCN5625

The other one was pacing back and forth by the fence, no doubt wishing strongly to get at the fucking kids on the outside hollering "look, look, a big cat!".
DSCN5628

Otters! Wheeee!
DSCN5566

This wallaby gave me one of the funniest incidences I've had yet in a zoo. You could see he was falling asleep, as his head nodded ever closer to the ground. Then, just as his little nose touched the wet grass he woke up with a start and looked around him.

Sho tired... can't... keep... eyes... open...
DSCN5637

Zzzzzz...
DSCN5638

Zzzzzznore...
DSCN5639

Huh? Who, what, where?
DSCN5640

No comments: