Monday, October 8, 2012

Loch Lomond

I drove up along beautiful, legendary Loch Lomond today on a narrow, winding road. A 82 for much of that stretch really needs some improvement. Do you hear me, Scotland? Anyway, I stopped at a parking space and went down to the bonnie, bonnie banks to take some pictures. Tall mountains, still waters and trees that I could tell were just on the verge of springing out into autumn colors. C'mon you bastards, I want to see red and yellow!

All pics here.

"...the Highland hills we view..."
DSCN4073

A bouquet of flowers lay forlorn by the shore. "...but me and my true love shall never meet again on the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond..."
DSCN4053

"...t'was there that we parted, in yon shady glen..."
DSCN4065

Some yellow flowers were withering away, tucked inside a nook of the gnarly tree on the beach. "...but the broken heart will ken no second spring again..."
DSCN4070

No comments: