Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bishop Auckland

I've been pretty lazy these last few days, and things have not been improved by the fact that lots of places along the way have been closed, even when they were supposed to be open. English Heritage, I am looking at you - why the fuck was Barnard Castle closed this morning at 11AM, when the sign outside and your own webpage stated that it should be open Sundays? Eh? Eh?

I even feebly followed the signs for some castle not even on my map - in this case, Auckland Castle in the strangely named town of Bishop Auckland. Well, it turned out that the castle was the official residence of the Bishop of Durham, and has been for centuries. Also, hence the name of the town.

Despite being vastly richer than me, the bishop had closed down the castle for visitors today so I was left out of the manger, poorly clothed and ill fed and all that. How very unchristian of him. I did wander for a few minutes in the outer garden, and also snapped some shots of the exterior. I must say, this whole poverty thingy never seemed to catch on in the Church of England. Fat cunts, the lot of 'em.

All pics here.

There was no room in the manger for me. Cunts.
DSCN4534

Cunting cunts cunting for a dead cunt.
DSCN4537

Nice composition methinks. Or not, see if I care.
DSCN4545

Some nice autumn colors.
DSCN4541

View down to the stream.
DSCN4542

Pines. Gotta love 'em.
DSCN4544

No comments: