Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cape Disappointment

Once on the Washington side, we decided to follow the coast up. The first place where we called in, was at a place called Cape Disappointment. It had lots of Lewis & Clark stuff, but the name actually came earlier. I think this was as far north as they got anyway.

Siri forced me to walk a whole mile today through rough terrain to see said goddamn lighthouse, and I got all tired and sweaty and ugh and this is turning out more like a boot camp than a holiday, I'm just sayin'. I also almost slipped and fell out by the cliffs and it was scary and I want to go home now. *sniffles*

All pics here.

Siri even made me pose as a treehugger. Is there no end to this constant humiliation?
DSCN1313

In my head, this was where the last elven ships sailed from in LOTR.
DSCN1321

The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began...
DSCN1344

From the first lookout point, before the lighthouse area.
DSCN1306

From the shop where Siri purchased the Washington Parks Day Pass that allowed her to torment me with a walk in the woods.
DSCN1309

DSCN1310

The last stretch of road up to the lighthouse.
DSCN1322

The lighthouse.
DSCN1339

View to the northwest.
DSCN1330

Here be trolls.
DSCN1345

No comments: