Monday, August 13, 2012

Deer

Besides the goats, the most common animal at the petting zoo was deer of all kinds. I have no idea nor interest in what separates the different species so long as they taste good they are cute. As with the goats, they roam around freely, mostly begging for food, sometimes in packs with the goats. I wish every group of beggars could be scared away with a clap of the hands, like these...

All pics here.

WANT FOOOOOD!
DSCN1745

Not strictly a deer, but an African antilope which has been successfully transplanted to Texas. It licked my hand, so it's good in my book.
DSCN1739

The big bambi got most of the second food cone.
DSCN1596

Suddenly there was a bunch of 'em. Several species all vying for pellets.
DSCN1598

Gaaaaah, don't look at me with those eyes, I don't have any food left!
DSCN1720

No comments: