Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reagan Library

Just as I began my trip to the US three years ago with a visit to the Reagan Library, so I'm ending this latest trip in the same place. Well, except for some personal stuff in San Diego but more about that later.

They'd added to the exhibit with a part about Walt Disney and the Disney company which I found completely out of place and almost completely uninteresting. Who the fuck wants to watch props from Tron 2??? Also, they had some fancy schmancy new gadgets which not only functioned as audioguides, but could also take pics and videos and email them to you. I listened to exactly one piece, then turned it off. Gaaah.

All pics here.

Ronald Reagan. We shall not ever see his likes again, I fear.
DSCN2413

Nor the likes of Maggie. *sniffles*
DSCN2452

This question is as relevant today as it was in 1980.
DSCN2429

I agree. Oh, how I agree!
DSCN2427

A replica of the Oval Office.
DSCN2439

Zombie chainsaw conservatives from hell cutting the taxes. Now there's an idea for a movie! You can take it, it's free!
DSCN2453

The old Air Force One.
DSCN2443

The flag Reagan's casket was wrapped in.
DSCN2456

The burial site.
DSCN2464

Some old Disney stuff.
DSCN2415

Walt Disney's office.
DSCN2422

No comments: