Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yosemite - again

This part of the trip is definitely turning into a repetition of 2009... Wednesday I drove through Yosemite and down to Fresno, an exact opposite of my 2009 route. Well, I didn't go to Mariposa Grove to photograph the mighty trees...

Anyway, Yosemite is as pretty as ever. Sadly, people in California seem to have less time and/or worse manners than just about anybody else. As I was driving through Touloumne Meadows, a deer jumped out in front of my car. I stopped and looked at it, taking a few pics. Some asshole in a jeep sped past me, way over the limit while honking the whole time, sending the deer fleeing into the woods. Yosemite sure feels different from Yellowstone in this respect.

All pics here.

From Tunnel View. El Capitan to the left, Half Dome centre, Bridalveil Falls to the right - almost dried up in mid August.
DSCN2119

Half Dome.
DSCN2092

Half Dome from the Tunnel View.
DSCN2122

Some other viewpoint.
DSCN2099

Yet another viewpoint.
DSCN2093

From the mountains around Touloumne Meadows.
DSCN2057

DSCN2063

DSCN2080

The deer.
DSCN2078

Another deer in Touloumne.
DSCN2069

Looking back to Lee Vining.
DSCN2036

From the entrance area.
DSCN2038

Purdy lake right after the entrance.
DSCN2047

No comments: