Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ft Vancouver

I seem to continue to retrace my steps from '09. Wednesday morning we started out at Fort Vancouver, where they have rebuilt the fort that the Hudson's Bay Company had here many years ago. Sadly, the kitchen building was closed and the main building only allowed visitors in the hallway. I don't know if their volunteers are busy elsewhere, but they had a much wider crew on the grounds in 2009, that's for sure.

All pics here.

Siri forced me to pose here. I think she's planning to kill me.
DSCN1231

Pretty flower.
DSCN1233

Siri breaking federal law to get a good picture.
DSCN1228

Sucking my thumb in the office building.
DSCN1264

View from the tower.
DSCN1259

Furs.
DSCN1250

Me posing with a beaver felt hat. I have no idea what the people in the background are laughing about.
DSCN1252

Posing in style.
DSCN1237

At the blacksmith.
DSCN1241

Dr. Siri almost went ballistic at this old pharmacy.
DSCN1246

Siri playing an office rat of the 1840s.
DSCN1262

No comments: