Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Crazy Norwegian

No, this is not a post about yours truly or any of my partners in crime. When I drove up the California coast last November with Albie & Court we spotted a restaurant called The Crazy Norwegian, and stopped to check it out. Unfortunately it was closed, but that didn't stop the other two evil bastards from speculating about the name and having lots of fun making bad jokes about ME. Hrmph.

Sunday I stopped by again, and this time they were open for service. I asked about the name, but it turned out that the two people who had started it back in the day had been Norwegians and when new owners took over, they decided to keep the name. One of the waitresses told me that the wife of the current owner has Norwegian ancestry, so the internal joke is that she's the crazy one. Slightly disappointed, I took some pics, stuffed a burger in my face and drove on.

The burger was ok, the fries a little on the hard side. Service was good.
DSCN1874

The front.
DSCN1870

In America, Norway = Vikings.
DSCN1871

I had the Uff Da. This expression seems to be the essential Norwegian term to all Americans.
DSCN1872

No comments: