Sunday, August 12, 2012

How I got reamed in the ass

No, I haven't changed affiliation. But as I was driving peacefully through the little town of Rockaway Beach, Oregon on Saturday evening, I had to break hard to prevent from hitting the car in front of me, which made a sudden left turn. I, in turn, got a jeep up my ass. I can not convey in words the feeling of having a ton of metal plowing into your own vehicle.

There was an almighty crash and I was jerked around in my seat, I think I even banged my head slightly on the ceiling. The safety belt got screwed up too. At the time I was 100% sure that both my vehicle's rear end and the other car's front would be crumpled beyond salvation.

Fortunately a cop was issuing some other ticket RIGHT BESIDE where this happened and was on it immediately. He ordered both cars off the street and onto a side street and helped us both with insurance details, and assured me that the other driver was at fault and had to pay, etc, etc.

And here's the thing. After that almighty crash, what damage was there to my car and the one behind me? A slight dent in my bumper, hardly a scratch on the other car as far as I could see. I now need to get in touch with the nearest Hertz and give them all the details, but things should be ok. It is a very happy Ghost, who is one lesson wiser, writing to you tonight.

DSCN1551

No comments: