Sunday, August 12, 2012

Manzanita

The first part of the northern Oregon coast up by Astoria was as meh as it had been a couple of days earlier. After Seaside, it picked up considerably and at a point up in the mountain above Manzanita, I stopped and took a lot of pics. Twenty minutes later the accident happened, and after all the paperwork was done there I needed a big old steak to steady my nerves.

When I was finally ready to move on it was almost dark, and I drove the rest of the way to my hotel in Lincoln City without seeing shit. So my question now, after having attempted the so-called scenic parts of the Oregon coast THREE times without actually having seen it, is: WHAT ARE YOU OREGONIAN BASTARDS KEEPING FROM ME???

All pics here.

Sho, sho pwetty.
DSCN1542

Nice, lil' town.
DSCN1540

The hillside was full of nice smelling flowers.
DSCN1530

The fog is usually not far away on the Pacific coast...
DSCN1528

DSCN1532

No comments: