Friday, August 3, 2012

Chipmunk Bonanza

Remember I mentioned the chipmunks at the lookout point where the descent down US-212 begins? Well, I stopped there again with Siri and the chipmunks were out in force. They were even more insufferably cute and cuddly this time and even took food from my hand and ate it in their cute and cuddly way. These little critters should come with a doctor's recommendation as it is impossible to feel sad or angry when faced with cuteness incarnate such as this.

All pics here.

Hehehehehehehehe.
DSCN0630

I can't stop chuckling when I look at them.
DSCN0629

There were tons of them living in the brushwood down the mountainside.
DSCN0635

There were several bikers in the parking lot when we arrived and they had great fun feeding the chipmunks.
DSCN0642

"Nooooooooooo! Wanna eat moooooore!"
DSCN0644

I tried to feed them with some barbecue flavored chips. The success was modest. One of the bikers offered me a fistful of his nuts (pun intended) and they went down much better. I'll be posting the film shortly.
DSCN0656

DSCN0657

DSCN0659

Greedy little bastard.
DSCN0658

No comments: