Sunday, August 5, 2012

Carhenge

After the Black Hills, I sped on towards Nebraska. I'd waxed lyrical about Scott's Bluff earlier and wanted to get there before the sun went down or the Rangers closed the place for the night. Yet I found time for one attraction along the way - Carhenge. I'd been there in 2009, and it looked like they'd added to the exhibition.

All pics here.

Spawning salmon is still a favorite of mine.
DSCN0847

This must be some kind of time capsule. It says it should be opened in June, 2044. If I'm still alive, I'll try and remember and then post something from it.
DSCN0853

Crazy idea, but cool. Having been to the real Stonehenge, I much prefer Carhenge.
DSCN0843

Me showing tiredness after driving over 14,000 miles. And counting.
DSCN0854

Much of rural Nebraska is still hot, flat and boring. Still, it makes up for quite a bit of what y'all put on yer tables every day.
DSCN0846

No comments: