Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Submarine!!!

Today I saw possibly the coolest thing since I was used for target practice by two F-18s just outside Death Valley in November last year. Albie, Court and I went up to the pleasant El Cabrillo monument to sniff the wildflowers and draw some fresh air, and it was a sunny, beautiful day. But what do you think came sailing around the bend as if it owned the ocean? A fuckin' US Submarine, that's what!

I took lots of pictures, but some were duplicates and some very blurry, so I only uploaded a small selection. I felt a surge of pride and affection as I saw this beautiful ship sail out, ready to scare the fuck outta commies and islamists the world over. Feast yer eyes on this lovely piece of American war machinery, me lovelies!

All pics here.

First sight.
DSCN2480

A smaller boat, possibly the Coast Guard, was driving around the Sub in circles to keep other traffic away.
DSCN2491

I saw people on the bridge for some time.
DSCN2502

They leave a helluva wake.
DSCN2536

Last pic. Goodspeed, guys!
DSCN2542

No comments: